What's left? Everything else!
- barley juice
- hemp protein shakes
- seeds & nuts
- nut milks & nut butters
- whole grains like brown rice and quinoa
- whole grain products like breads, pastas and cereals
- natural sweeteners like maple syrup and brown rice syrup
- tofu and tempeh
- amazing ethnic foods like mediterranean, japanese and others
- lots more!
I often get asked if I miss anything being a vegan.. I really don't. I've been able to create healthy vegan alternatives to pretty much anything I'm craving. If anything, I miss the convenience of being able to eat anywhere.. if you eat crappy food, you can always find food wherever you go. If you eat healthy, you better bring your own food unless you are lucky enough to live in a big city that has lots of vegan options.
I enjoy cooking but what I enjoy more is knowing exactly what is in my food and how those ingredients affect my mind, body and moods. I enjoy knowing that what I consume is nurturing me instead of harming me and I enjoy fueling my body instead of slowing it down.
Often, people think I'm suffering in some way by not eating animals but by being vegan I've discovered so many amazing new foods and recipes. I've had fun learning new things and meeting some amazing people.
When you're sure that your lifestyle choices are true and good.. it's easy to live the life you've chosen and it feels good.
* The food shown here (salad, hummus and falafel) is from our favorite mediterranean restaurant! Please support local businesses instead of chains.