Sunday, August 12, 2012

Recipe - Roasted Garlic Aioli

You are welcome to share this recipe but I want it linked back to this blog. Thank you.

Aioli is mayo seasoned with garlic. I had been hearing about the Wildwood brand of garlic aioli and how popular it was and how yummy it was but I couldn't find it locally. I started to investigate and I discovered the ingredients of the Wildwood aioli were the same exact ingredients (minus garlic) as the vegenaise vegan mayo!

Such luck! So.. I set out to make my own!

First, you need to make roasted garlic ... find the instructions on one of my former posts!

Now.. I know there are people in this world that don't like mayo (I don't understand you but I know you exist!) .. I'd like to invite those people that hated dairy mayo to try vegan mayo. I've heard so many stories from people about how they hated dairy mayo but really love vegan mayo. So, you may want to give it a try one day!

Ok.. back to the recipe!

Shelly's  Roasted Garlic Aioli

1/2 cup Vegenaise
5-10 cloves roasted garlic
1/8 tsp dry mustard (optional)
1/8 tsp smoked paprika (optional)

You just smash up the garlic and mix everything together! I used 10 cloves in mine but it really depends how garlicy you want it.. remember that once it sits for awhile, the flavors will meld and it will get a stronger flavor. I like to add a little smoked paprika and dry mustard for a little zing but it's all about how you like it.. so it's optional!

This will be amazing on a Tempeh BLT or Tofurky sandwich. It would also be good used in place of plain mayo in a potato or pasta salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment