Saturday, August 4, 2012

Snack: Nutty Salted Date Caramels

I love caramels and even tho you can absolutely make vegan caramels, I'm too lazy to embark on candy making most of the time so I combine a few yummy ingredients and fake it!

My friend, Morgan at Little House of Veggies told me to try this.

This is a sweet snack that is quick and easy and more healthful than candy!

They are so rich that I can usually only eat a few.

Nutty Salted Date Caramels


Dates (barhi ,shown or medjool are my faves)
Raw nuts (walnuts, shown or almonds)
Sea salt

Pit the dates and remove the weird little end they have, wrap each date around the nut and sprinkle with sea salt. If you use medjools, you can usually get one nut into each half of the date because they are so big.

They taste a whole lot like caramels!

No comments:

Post a Comment