Wednesday, March 6, 2013
Original Recipe - Garlic -Ginger Brown Sauce
Here is my own yummy basic brown sauce that works over any veggies you have.
Serve over brown rice and you're done!
I like mine with fresh broccoli and baby bella mushrooms!
Shelly's Garlic-Ginger Brown Sauce
2 cups veggie broth (see note)
4 Tbsp soy sauce (see note)
2 Tbsp cornstarch
2 Tbsp teriyaki sauce, like Soyaki (see note)
2 tsp garlic
2 tsp nutritional yeast (see note)
1 tsp ginger paste (see note)
Whisk everything together in a medium saucepan, bring to a boil, lower heat to a simmer and whisk until thickened.
- you can use water with some no beef bouillon in place of the veggie broth. Water works too but the sauce is more flavorful with broth.
- you can use tamari or Bragg's Aminos for the soy sauce.
- If you don't want to use a teriyaki sauce, sub in some molasses or brown sugar instead
- the nutritional yeast is optional but it makes the sauce more rounded.
- you can use fresh minced ginger or a smaller amount of dried ginger.