Sunday, June 10, 2012

Recipe: PB Banana Walnut Oatmeal

I am an early riser.. 5:30 am is sleeping in for me so because I'm up so early, I always eat two breakfasts and my first is always a few pieces of fresh fruit and then a couple hours later I have a second breakfast that can be anything .. and I mean anything.

This morning I had my fruit and an hour later I was ravenous... my belly was actually growling and grumbling That rarely happens.

so.. I got serious and made this.... here is a nice hearty breakfast that should tame any belly beasts!

Don't add any sweeteners.. the banana makes it plenty sweet!

Peanut Butter Banana & Walnut Oatmeal


1/2 cup old fashioned oats
2/3 cup water
1/2 to 1 banana, diced
1 to 2 tbsp peanut butter (or any nut butter)
few walnuts
cinnamon

Place 2/3 cup water and 1/2 cup oats in a microwave container and cook for 1 min 30 seconds (go 2 minutes if your microwave isn't as powerful). Cut banana in half and in half again lengthwise and then cut the halves in half and dice into small pieces. The goal is that the pieces are small enough to get banana in every bite! Mix into cooked oats. Melt the nut butter for about 30 seconds until it is smooth and able to be poured. Drizzle over oatmeal and top with walnuts. Feel free to sprinkle a little cinnamon on top if desired.

Note: you can also cook your oats and melt your nut butter on the stove if you avoid microwaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment