Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Original Recipe: Pintos & Brown Rice Bowl

I am a fan of Chipotle Grill but I don't get there very often and lucky for me, I can make a yummy Burrito Bol here at home.

Chipotle offers their black beans for vegans as their pintos have bacon in them (boo hiss). So, I thought I'd create a pintos & brown rice bowl for us!

This recipe is basically one serving with a serving of the beans leftover.. unless you're really hungry.. then you can eat it all. I won't tell.



Pintos & Brown Rice Bowl

Beans:

15 oz can pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
1/2 Tbsp taco seasoning
1/2 cup water
few shakes of liquid smoke

Place the ingredients in a sauce pan and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes until the water has evaporated some and you are left with saucy beans.

Brown Rice:

1 cup prepared brown rice
1 Tbsp water
1 tsp dried cilantro
1/2 tsp lime juice
1/4 tsp salt

Combine ingredients. If rice was refrigerated when you mixed everything together, warm for 45 seconds in microwave. don't overcook it, it will get lumpy and dry!

Corn Salsa:

1/4 cup of your fave salsa
1/4 cup cooked corn

Mix together.



Additional optional ingredients:

Vegan sour cream (warm for 10 seconds to make it thin enough to drizzle)
Cheesy sauce - I like the vegan queso recipe on this post or you can use Daiya cheese.
Fresh veggies like lettuce, fresh tomatoes, peppers and onions.


Assembly:

Layer the brown rice on the bottom, then saucy beans, then corn salsa, then vegan cheesy sauce and finally, sour cream.



No comments:

Post a Comment