Friday, July 20, 2012

Recipe: Shelly's Butterbeer


If you share this recipe, please link back to this blog! 

I am a huge Harry Potter fan. Huge.

Fangirl proportions. Squee!

I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I often wondered what Butterbeer tasted like! I'm not a drinker and I don't even like actual beer but my imagination had Butterbeer as a sweet and tasty beverage that would make me drunk and send me straight to Madam Pomfrey for sorting out!

I've come across various recipes for Butterbeer and they all seemed rather insane.. lots of sugar or actual dairy butter and even ice cream.. who wants to drink that? Who wants to give that to their kids?

I have a version that uses fruit and water .. kids won't know it isn't Butterbeer. Just make it when they aren't watching.... and get a frosty mug for extra effect. Serve along side some Pumpkin Pasties (ie: muffins) and your kid will have no idea you just used magic to get them to eat something good for them!

So.. do a little HP marathon and have good for you treats!

My magic ingredient? Butter extract from Watkins.  You can get it in the 2 oz size for $3.49 or the 8 oz size for $9.99. Sometimes it's on sale. It's possible you can find butter extract elsewhere but I have no idea.

In full disclosure, I am a Watkins Associate. It is a business I have. If you decide to order, please use my ID # 116054N to place your order so I get the commission!

Shelly's Butterbeer

12 ounces water
4 medjool dates (pitted)
1/2 tsp Watkins Vanilla
1/4 to 1/2 tsp Watkins Butter Extract
dash sea salt
Ice

Add the water, salt, vanilla and pitted dates to a high powered blender. Add in 1/4 tsp butter extract (you can add more if it isn't buttery enough) and blend until it's smooth. You want all the date pieces to be fully blended into your drink, no chunks! Pour over ice and serve with a straw. Let it sit for a few minutes and you get the nice foamy head shown in the photo!







No comments:

Post a Comment